You have a choice, as a user, to register on our site via your Facebook login. This process will grant us access to your basic profile information like name and profile picture. Your name and profile picture will be shown to other website users, but we will not share other personal information from your Facebook account. If you don’t want your Facebook basic profile information shared, don’t use Facebook to register for our site.
We use Google Analytics to collect non-personal information for statistical purposes such as demographic data, devices used to access the internet, and browsers used while visiting our site.
We sell pdf copies and hard copies of books from third-party vendors and are not responsible in any way, shape or form for the content of these entities’ books or are not legally bound in any way for copyright or other related issues, except to issue a refund for the purchase price of any book(s) you purchased through our site.
Our search engine features data from several third-party genealogical databases. If you find information about you in one of our databases (this is VERY rare) that you would like removed, please contact us by email at [email protected] or snail mail us at RootsPoint.com, 2850 W. Horizon Ridge Parkway, Suite 200, Henderson, Nevada, 89052, Attn: Personal Data.
In the event of a buyout (someone purchasing this website), the information of our user base that you entered when you registered for our site, or any comments you made to the site, will be transferred along with every other part of our website.
By using any part of this site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, then do not continue to use the site.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
RULES AND CONDUCT
1. to submit arguments or comments that abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other RootsPoint.com users.
2. to contribute any argument or comment that is infringing, racist, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party.
3. for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international user, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
4. to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any RootsPoint.com user.
5. to create or submit unwanted email (“Spam”) to any other RootsPoint.com users or any URL.
6. to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
7. to submit arguments or comments linking to affiliate programs, multi-level marketing schemes, or other means of advertising or methods of Spam.
8. with the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that creates an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site; RootsPoint.com may remove any Content and RootsPoint.com accounts at any time for any reason, or for no reason at all.
CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE
By uploading, submitting Content, unless source quoted, you represent and warrant that you own all rights in the Content and you agree that the Content will be subject to the Creative Commons Public Domain License.
WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Service, Content, and Site are provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event will RootsPoint.com be liable for any loss of earnings or any other commercial damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other indirect damages, losses or costs arising out of or in correlation with the use of this site or including without limitation, interactions with other site members, claims arising from malfunction or defects in the site or related software or inability to access or use the site by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or telecommunications or system malfunction. Members may include links within their profiles, arguments, or comments. In no event will RootsPoint.com be liable for any inappropriate third party links. You are advised to use caution when clicking on any unreliable third party link. If you do find links that are inappropriate, contact us at [email protected], so we can remove said link from our Content.