Your privacy is very important to us, and is something we take very seriously. We do not share your information with anyone, nor will we sell your information to anyone. Your information is protected with your password, and your email address. In the event of a buyout (someone purchasing this website), the information of our user base will be transferred along with every other part of our website. We will never store credit card or other personal information. Your name, email address, and RootsPoint.com password is all we ask for. Be careful what information you decide to share with others in comments,messages, or the like, as we are not responsible for information you freely share with others.
We also ask for Facebook login, and have access to that basic profile information like name and profile picture. Your name and profile picture will be shown to other website users, but we will not share information like your email address.
1. ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
By using any part of this site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, then do not continue to use the site.
2. DESCRIPTION OF SERVICE
3. YOUR REGISTRATION OBLIGATIONS
4. RULES AND CONDUCT
1. to submit arguments or comments that abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other RootsPoint.com users.
2. to contribute any argument or comment that is infringing, racist, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive or otherwise violates any law or right of any third party.
3. for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. If you are an international user, you agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
4. to post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any RootsPoint.com user.
5. to create or submit unwanted email (“Spam”) to any other RootsPoint.com users or any URL.
6. to violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
7. to submit arguments or comments linking to affiliate programs, multi-level marketing schemes, or other means of advertising or methods of Spam.
8. with the exception of accessing RSS feeds, you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that creates an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site; RootsPoint.com may remove any Content and RootsPoint.com accounts at any time for any reason, or for no reason at all.
5. CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE
By uploading, submitting Content, unless source quoted, you represent and warrant that you own all rights in the Content and you agree that the Content will be subject to the Creative Commons Public Domain License.
6. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Service, Content, and Site are provided on an ‘as is’ basis, without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied. In no event will RootsPoint.com be liable for any loss of earnings or any other commercial damages, including without limitation direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or other indirect damages, losses or costs arising out of or in correlation with the use of this site or including without limitation, interactions with other site members, claims arising from malfunction or defects in the site or related software or inability to access or use the site by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or telecommunications or system malfunction. Members may include links within their profiles, arguments, or comments. In no event will RootsPoint.com be liable for any inappropriate third party links. You are advised to use caution when clicking on any unreliable third party link. If you do find links that are inappropriate, contact us at abuse@RootsPoint.com, so we can remove said link from our Content.